Does cleaning my filter regularly really make that much of a difference?
A clean filter allows for proper filtration to happen. Having proper filtration is KEY to have your pool stay healthy and clean throughout the season. Having a regular cleaning schedule will help to keep you on track and increase the life expectancy of your pool and pool equipment!
If you have a D.E., sand, or cartridge filter we recommend cleaning them throughout the season. Bioguard makes a product called Kleen It® and Strip Kwik®, that when you use them together, work as a great filter cleaner!
Soak your filter with Strip Kwik®
- Strip Kwik® removes grease and oils from filter by acting like a shampoo
- Reduces maintenance costs
- It works on all filter types
- For D.E. or Cartridge filters:
- Rinse the cartridge or element with a garden hose prior to applying the product. Using a clean spray bottle with full strength product, evenly coat elements/cartridge. Wait 10 minutes then using a garden hose thoroughly rinse for 5 minutes. Then, using a large clean plastic bucket (garbage can), soak for 1 hour in solution of 1 part product to 3 parts water. Rinse thoroughly with garden hose before use.
- For SAND filters:
- Turn off chlorinator and remove any chlorine product from the skimmer. Backwash the filter as normal. Turn off the pump. Pour the appropriate amount of product directly into the skimmer. Turn the pump back on just long enough to allow the product to move into the filter. Turn the pump back off. Wait one hour with the pump off. With filter selection in backwash position, turn pump back on and backwash until wastewater is clear. Do NOT allow products to return to the pool.
- Can be used at every backwash to prevent buildup.
- Removes metal, dirt, and scale from filter
- Cleans all types of filters
- Spray or soak application